Original image by Kevin Lamarque for Reuters.
We’re a Culture, Not a Costume
Students Teaching About Racism in Society is a Student Org at Ohio University
- Student: Ms. Figueroa, where are you from?
- Me: The future!
- Student: What does that even mean?
- Me: I'm from the future! And I saw YOU in college!
- Student: Ms. Figueroa, you're not from the future, but wherever you're from, it sure made you weird.
The question isn’t ‘Am I called?’ but ‘Lord, to where am I called?’ ”3
- M: I stayed up all night mastering Ch 8
- C: What!? I don't think we're being tested on Ch 8...
- M: I took really detailed notes...
- C: I don't think that was necessary.
- M: I aced the self-assessment...
- C: I'm checking the syllabus.
- M: Have you even read Ch 8?
- C: We don't need to know Ch 8!
- M: Well let me know if you want to borrow my notes! Bye
In 20 years, when historians are pouring over the news from today, let the record show that the #1 NYTimes.com “most emailed” news was a story titled, “Another side of Tilapia, the Perfect Factory Fish.”